Is Lata Mangeshkar doesn't fit in Indian films?




Lata Mangeshakar who sung for more than 1,000 films in almost 36 languages feels that she is out of Indian movies. She has  a career span of seven decades in the industry.

She attended an event to announce the awardee of Dinanath Mangeshkar Awards. She said, "Cinema has changed a lot from the times when we used to work. I will not say that it's not good, but I don't fit into it.If I would sing in any film today, then I don't think I will be able to sing it beautifully."

The 83 year old veteran singer who has her own mark in classic,romantic,ghazals and bhajans confirmed that she is not blaming anyone and she said change is inevitable in this world.

She started her singing career in 1943 at the age of 13 with the song "Mata ek sapoot ki duniya badal de tu" for Marathi film "Gajaabhaau", and she even did bit roles in films for her family's living.

About her acting She added, "I have worked in some seven to eight films and I didn't enjoy it. I used to be very sad when I worked in those films. But at that time I was helpless. I had no choice."

"Tere hasne se" of "Satrangee Parachute" 2011 Bollywood movie, was her last song.